For the 22 business days ending March 25 – DataQuick’s freshest stats — Orange County homebuying patterns showed:
- 61 of O.C.’s 83 ZIP codes had gains in their respective median selling price. Overall, prices were +10.5% vs. a year ago.
- Taking sales volume in consideration, home pricing is up in ZIPs representing 61% of the Orange County market.
- 5 of 83 O.C. ZIPs had median sales prices above $1 million in the period vs. 11 million-dollar ZIPs when the county median price peaked in June 2007.
- Since that pricing pinnacle, there’s been a -34% drop in the countywide median price!
- 44 of 83 O.C. ZIPs had year-over-year sales gains in the period.
- Overall, countywide sales were +5.7% vs. a year ago.
- 7 of 83 O.C. ZIPs has sales gains of 100% or more in the period.
- NOTE! 29 local ZIPs had both sales gains and price gains in the period. (Highlighted in green below!)
- For a detailed report on the price moves, CLICK HERE!
Below is a look at the 83 ZIPs and how they fared in terms of median selling price and total sales for this period.
Also, want to see what kind of housing the median price buys in a specific neighborhood? Click on the ZIP code, and you’ll see current for-sale listings in the median’s “ballpark” — a range from 10% below to 10% above — in that ZIP …